Saturday, October 8, 2011

31 Days of Scary Movies {8}


Harper's Island
Creator: Ari Schlossberg
Stars: Elaine Cassidy, Christopher Gorham, and Matt Barr
Rated: Unrated, Mini Series
Release: 2009
Length:  Thirteen 40 Minute Episodes


Synopsis:


Harper's Island was once the scene of a gruesome series of murders. Now, seven years later, family and friends gather on the island for a wedding, but one by one they begin to die. -IMDB-



My Thoughts: 


Harper's Island is a mini series that aired on CBS in 2009.  I watched this show on Netflix and it was one of the best things that I could have done with my time.  This mini series is one of the best that I have seen since "IT"....oh God "IT"...that is one scary mini series.  To this day it still scares me.  But we are not here to talk about "IT", we are here to talk about Harper's Island.  

Harper's Island had everything, in my book, that a scary movie/mini series needs.  It was suspenseful, scary, and exciting.  You didn't know which way it was going.  The first few episodes, I am not going to lie, were kind of hard to get into.  You had to make it to the first real murder to actually really like the show.  But by the last like 5 episodes you really did not want it to end.  About the last 3 episodes I could not stop.  I would not do anything until I finished the series and found out what happened.....


I recommend that everyone go to Netflix, do the instant streaming, search Harper's Island, and take a day off and change your life.


:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment