Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days of Scary Movies {1}

Hello!!! It is officially October and that means IT IS OFFICIALLY HALLOWEEN!!!  I know I know you are probably saying to your self um....it is only October 1st it is not October 31st.  Okay see I love Halloween so much that I celebrate it for 31 days.  I know...geek... weird...whatever but I love it!!!  So with it being October this is the start of 31 DAYS OF SCARY MOVIES!  Each day I am going to review and talk about a scary movie that I have watched for the month.  I hope you enjoy!




Let me in
Director: Matt Reeves
Stars: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Chloe Moretz and Richard Jenkins
Rated: R
Release: 2010
Length: 116 Minutes


Synopsis: 

A bullied young boy befriends a young female vampire who lives in secrecy with her guardian. -IMDB-


My Thoughts:

This movie is actually a English remake of Let the Right One In made in 2008.  The movie is about a young boy that is made fun of really bad from the kids at school and this basically makes him a loner.  He just keeps to himself and has no friends.  He befriends a girl that moves into the same apartment building that he does and they become very close.  They have these small conversations that bring them closer then either one of them have ever been with someone.  After weeks of knowing each other, people start coming up missing, weird things are happening, and he starts to suspect some things about her.  So he finds out that she is a female vampire that has been a vampire for a very long time.  

I really liked that this movie.  I saw the original and this one was a hundred times better.  It had nothing to do with the fact that this movie was in English or the fact that it was newer then the last movie.  It had to do with the fact that the acting was better, the way the movie was shot was better, and the all around the movie was better.  If you want a movie that is not jump out of your seats scary but makes you look behind you when your in a dark place scary, this is the movie for you!

Please go and watch!  You won't regret it!!!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment