Sunday, February 26, 2012

Review: Saving June


Saving June
By: Hannah Harrington
Publisher: Harlequin
Release Date: November 22, 2011
Pages: 322 
Source: Kindle version bought for review



Goodreads Synopsis: 


When her older sister commits suicide and her divorcing parents decide to divide the ashes, Harper Scott takes her sister's urn to the one place June always wanted to go: California. On the road with her best friend, plus an intriguing guy with a mysterious connection to June, Harper discovers truths about her sister, herself and life. -Goodreads-



My Thoughts: 


This book was really hard for me to finish just because I don't want to thing about if I lost one of my sisters.  I am one of six girls.  I talk to my sisters everyday and I love each and everyone of them dearly.  I would not  know how to do deal with it if one of them past a way.  But this is why this book was so good.  It was very emotional and breathtaking.  It was so well written.  It kept the pages moving and turning.  And I love that about a book.

 You meet Harper.  Harper is a teenage girl that should be loving life because she is about to go into her senior year of high school.  She should be looking forward to homecoming, football games, basketball games, and prom.   But she is having to deal with a funeral for her sister.  Her sister decided to take her own life.  But she doesn't know way.  While at the wake she decides that she is going to do something for June.  She is going to respect her sister and take her ashes to California and put them in the ocean.  She is doing this because she knows that that is what June would want.  So she embarks on this road trip with her best friend and one of June's friend.  Her friend Jacob that is the hard rocker type that works at a music store.  I have to tell you that I love when books incorporate music into them.  I think that it is so amazing!  

This book was so good.  It reminded me a lot of Audrey, Wait!  You really feel the heart break and emotions that run through the characters.  You want things to happen for them not happen to them.  I would recommend this book anyone that needs a good cry and a good read!


My Rating:


I am giving this book 4 out 5 stars!

1 comment:

  1. Saving June usually isn't my cup of tea. I like more surreal story lines. But Saving June allowed a bit of reminiscing time. I have friends like Laney and Harper. I have had similar adventures. So the story touched a bit of a personal note. I would definitely recommend checking this one out if you haven't already!

    Zia
    Wedding DJ Plano

    ReplyDelete