Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review: Pandemonium

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)


Pandemonium
By: Lauren Oliver
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: February 28, 2012
Source: ARC given for review



Goodreads Synopsis: 


I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, 
pushing aside thoughts of Alex, 
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school, 
push, 
push, 
push, 
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.



Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite. -Goodreads-


My Thoughts:


FIRST OF ALL!!!  If you haven't read Delirium you must go and read it right now!  It is defiantly one of the best books I have ever read in my life.  And this book is not far from it.  I received this book from NCTE from Harper! Thank you so much.  I could not wait to read this book.  For the last couple weeks I have been told that I have to read it.  That it is amazing!  And boy is it ever.

The book starts where the first book finishes. The chapters are split in Now and Then. You are learning about Lena's experiences on finding herself. She is trying to figure out who she is because Lena is not the normal Lena anymore.  She is different because she has to be.  She is in the Wilds and she is trying to survive.  She is learning to do things that she has never done before to pull her weight with the Wilds.  I really like that Lauren incorporated this into the story.  It showed her struggle with what she had to do.  It showed that she was having a hard time dealing with the death of Alex.  

But during this you find out about Julian.  Julian is a very important.  He is about to be cured and he is doing it because this is what his family wants.  But there are some hold ups because Julian and Lena are kidnapped and held hostage.  They are going to do anything to get out and escape to the Wilds.  Oh but have no fear....there are twist and turns!  Boy are there twist and turns!

This is my favorite book of the series so far!  I know that we still have book three so I need to wait unit that book comes out to make my decision, but this is defiantly up there for book of the series!  Maybe book of the year....but ask me again in December...:)



My Rating:



 I am giving this book 5 out 5 stars!






No comments:

Post a Comment