Monday, February 6, 2012

Review: Unearthly

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)

Unearthly
By: Cynthia Hand
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: January 4, 2011
Pages: 435
Source:  Bought book for review



Goodreads Synopsis:


In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?


My Thoughts:


Have you ever read a book so much that you don't know how to put it into words?  This is how I feel about this book.  It had everything that I wanted it to have and more.  You meet Clara.  And Clara is on a mission from God....literally because she is angel.  And with being that she has a purpose in life that she has to do.  She traveled from California to the wild wild west just to complete her purpose.  She doesn't know much about her purpose in life, just the little visions that she is having.  During this time she has a lot of ups and downs.  I mean come on lets face it, she is a teenager in high school.  There is going to be drama.


The book ended a way that I thought would never happen.  I totally was not expecting that.  Don't get me wrong I loved the way the book ended but now I can not wait to start the second book.  :)  Cynthia is a genius when it comes to writing.  She defiantly wrote a awesome page turner and I love that!  Thank you Cynthia for one amazing book!


My Rating:


I am giving this book 4 out 5 stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment