Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Review: Across the Universe

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)

Across the Universe
By: Beth Revis
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: January 1, 2011
Source: A Christmas Gift :)




Goodreads Synopsis:


Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship "Godspeed" and expects to awaken on a new planet in 300 years. Never could she have known that she would be thrust into the world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules. -Goodreads-


My Thoughts:


Have you ever had someone tell you about a book so much that you just have to get it?  Well that is what happen to me with this book. I had people tell me to read it from my book club, blogging, and Goodreads! So many people told me about this book, that it made me put this book on my Christmas list.  Boy am I glad I did.  At first I was having a hard time getting into it.  But I knew that it was going to get better, and it did.

Amy is frozen.  She is frozen because she is embarking on a 300 year trip to another planet so that the human race can start over.  But something bad is happening...she is thawing out and she shouldn't be.  This might kill her but she lucks out.  Here is where she meets the group of people that are living on the ship while it makes its trip towards that new planet.  One of the people she meets is Elder.  Elder is learning to be the leader of the people.  He is going to lead the people until the ship lands so that the people that are frozen know what has happened for the last 300 years.  But something is happening on the ship that no one can be explained.  The people that are frozen are getting unplugged.  This is not good.

This book was a really great! I am so glad that I gave it a chance.  I can not wait to start the next book in the  series, A Million Suns!  Once I get my hands on it, I know that I am not going to have a life for a couple days. :)



My Rating: 


I am giving this book 4 out 5 stars!

1 comment:

  1. I've got this book on my TBR pile for the same reason - was seeing it every where! Now all I have to do is get around to reading it!

    ReplyDelete