Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Review: I'm Not Her

I'm Not Her

I'm Not her
By: Janet Gurtler
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pages: 285
Release Date: May1, 2011
Source: Given as a gift from publisher:)



Goodreads Synopsis: 


Tess is the exact opposite of her beautiful, athletic sister. And that’s okay. Kristina is the sporty one, Tess is the smart one, and they each have their place. Until Kristina is diagnosed with cancer. Suddenly Tess is the center of the popular crowd, everyone eager for updates. There are senior boys flirting with her. Yet the smiles of her picture-perfect family are cracking and her sister could be dying. Now Tess has to fill a new role: the strong one. Because if she doesn’t hold it together, who will? -Goodreads-


My Thoughts:


Imagine you are 15 years old.  You are in high school and this is supposed to be the time of your life. The only thing that you should be worried about is if you are going to past the test next week in English.  And then the unthinkable happens.  Your older sister is diagnosed with cancer.  What would you do?  How would you deal with this type of news?  Well that is what happened to Tess.  

She had everything that she could dream of.  The world's greatest friend, an awesome family, and a sister that is somewhat cool.  And then it all comes crumbling down. I am closer to my sisters now then I have even been.  I don't know what I would do if I was ever put into this situation.  My sisters mean the world to me, and I never want anything bad to happen to them!:) 

Tess's sister was the most popular girl in school.  Everyone loved her and wanted to be like her and now things will never be the same.  But Tess needs to be strong because she is the only one in her family that is capable of doing that right now.  Her mom is in denial and her dad is never around.  She has to be there for her sister.  The same way I would be for mine.  I don't know how she is able to hold it together.  She is only 15!!!  I know what your are saying....she is just a character in a book?!?!?!  Not for me.  This book was amazing and I felt like I was in the book, living the story.  This book was indescribable.  It was so good!


If you need an great easy read, this book is for you.  I would defiantly read this book again and again.  :)


My Rating:


I am giving this book 4 out 5 stars!  Great job Janet!!!!:)



1 comment: