Sunday, February 12, 2012

Review: Shatter Me

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)

Shatter Me
By: Tahereh Mafi
Publisher: Harper
Release Date: November 15, 2011
Source: Bought book for review



Goodreads Synopsis:


Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. 

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color. 

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now. 

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.



My Thoughts:


One word... Breathtaking!!!!  I think that is the best way to describe this book.  I had heard many great things about this book, many people told me time and time again to read this book and I don't know why I did not listen to them.  My TBR pile just kept getting bigger and bigger.  Well while I was at NCTE with the awesome Epic Lynn Marie she asked me if I had read this book yet.  I looked to the ground and told her no not yet.  She then told me she wouldn't talk to me until I read it....LOL....  Well after the weeks I have had it has been crazy and I needed something to get my mind off of reality.  So I picked up this book.  Boy am I glad I did!


Juliette has a problem, she can kill people by just touching you.  She doesn't want it to happen.  It just does. When she first finds out that she can do this, she was trying to help a little boy from falling down.  How terrible does that have to be.  To know that because you touched this poor little boy you killed him.  I know that I wouldn't be able to handle it.  Well in short terms she can't handle it either.  She basically doesn't want to live because of the monster that she has become, or the monster that she thinks she is.  This book has so many ups and downs to it.  Mainly ups:)  You really feel for the characters and you feel for what they are going through.  You want them to have a happy ending but you know that it may not happen.  

She is put to the test against someone that she grew up with.  Adam.  Adam is put with her to she if she is going to kill him for the hell of it.  But during this time you find out that she really doesn't want to hurt anyone, she just wants to be left alone so she can't hurt people.  But Adam is not what he seems to be either.  


This book was effing amazing!!  It was everything I would want out of a book and more.  I am a sucker for these types of books.  To me this is hands down the best book I have ever read!  Tahereh Mafi....where do I even begin?!?!  You have out did yourself.  This book should be given to every high school student as a required reading because it is that amazing.  I want to personally thank you for writing an heartfelt book.  You are a genius!


My Rating:

If I could give this book 10 out of 5 stars I would....But because I only rate to 5 stars I am giving this book 5 out 5 stars!  I seriously can not wait until the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment