Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: Unbreak my heart


Unbreak my heart
By: Melissa Walker
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Release Date: May 22, 2012
Pages: 240
Source:Netgalley (Thank you!)



Goodreads Synopsis: 


Sophomore year broke Clementine Williams’ heart. She fell for her best friend’s boyfriend and long story short: he’s excused, but Clem is vilified and she heads into summer with zero social life. Enter her parents’ plan to spend the summer on their sailboat. Normally the idea of being stuck on a tiny boat with her parents and little sister would make Clem break out in hives, but floating away sounds pretty good right now. Then she meets James at one of their first stops along the river. He and his dad are sailing for the summer and he’s just the distraction Clem needs. Can he break down Clem’s walls and heal her broken heart? Told in alternating chapters that chronicle the year that broke Clem’s heart and the summer that healed it, Unbreak My Heart is a wonderful dual love story that fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Susane Colasanti will flock to. -Goodreads-



My Thoughts:



I need to read more books that are set in the summer because the whole book always puts a smile on my face!  I love them so much that I just can not get enough of them.  And this book was no exception.  This book made me try to convince my husband that we need to buy a boat so when we have kids we can take them on adventures such as these.... true story, he told me no. :(

Clem is sixteen.  This is the time of her life were everything is falling into place!  She has great friends, a great social life, and a great family. She has it made.  But in her eyes she is about to ruin it all.  She does the unthinkable...she fell for her best friend's boyfriend.  I know that if this would happen to me, I would flip a lid.  But nothing happened between them, it just looked that way.  And now her and her best are not talking and she is supposed to embark on a adventure with her family sailing down the Mississippi River.  If you were a sixteen year old girl and you had this much drama in your life, a family vacation is not going to help it.  While on this vacation she meets James.  James is sailing with his dad on the same route.  It is meant to be.  But James and Clem are both hiding secrets about their lives. But everything is about to come out and thrown on the table.  How is James going handle Clem's secret and how is Clem going deal with James's secret?  


This book was AMAZING!  If I didn't have to go to work today, I would have stayed up all night reading this book.  If you love the Jenny Han books, the summer series, you will love this book.  It had everything that a pretty awesome book should have.  It had a summer romance, heartache, and drama.   Everything that is needs!!!  If you want a good read that keeps you wanting more, this book is defiantly for you!



My Rating: 


I am giving this book 5 out 5 stars! I wish I could give it more but its out of 5 stars....:(  But it truly should be 100 starts out of 5...


:) 




No comments:

Post a Comment