Thursday, May 10, 2012

Review: Red Heart Tattoo

Red Heart Tattoo


Red Heart Tattoo
By: Lurlene McDaniel
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Pages: 224
Release Date: July 24th, 2012
Source: Received ARC from Publisher (Thank you!)



Goodreads Synopsis: 


At 7:45 a.m. on the day before Thanksgiving break, a bomb goes off at Edison High. Nine people die instantly. Fifteen are critically injured. Twenty-two suffer less severe injuries. And one is blinded. Those who survive, struggle to cope with the loss and destruction. All must find new meaning for their lives as a result of something they may never understand. -Goodreads-



My Thoughts:



When I was in High school, the young adult novels that were out for us to read were Lurlene McDaniel books.  And I loved them.  I know that I read all the ones available at my library.  They are just so heartfelt and close to home.  They make you think about how great your life is at this moment in time.  And this book is exactly what I remembered!   

You are in high school.  You are sitting waiting for school to start.  You are chatting with friends, catching up  on homework, and just hanging with friends.  But then the unthinkable happens....a bomb goes off and kills some, injures most, and blinds one.  What is going through your mind?  I don't know how I would be able to handle it.  Some of my friends, I consider family.  If any one of them gets hurt, it hits home.  So you can only imagine how Morgan feels when she finds out exactly what happens in her high school.  

I think that this story was one of my favorites from Lurlene.  She is such an talented author.  She knows how to explain how people feel in the time of tragedy.  She is an amazing author.  And this is an amazing story!  If you want to read a story that makes you keep turning the pages this book is defiantly the book that you will need!



My Rating:


I am giving this book 5 out 5 stars!  

No comments:

Post a Comment