Monday, May 14, 2012

Review: Hourglass



Hourglass
By: Myra McEntire
Publisher:  Egmont USA
Pages: 387
Release Date: June 14, 2011
Source: Borrowed from library.



Goodreads Synopsis: 


One hour to rewrite the past . . . 

For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn't there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents' death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She's tried everything, but the visions keep coming back. So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson's willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.

Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he's around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?  -Goodreads-



My Thoughts:


When I first heard about this book I really couldn't wait to read it.  Now that I read it I can see why so many have loved the story.  I could not get enough of the whole story.  I love Michael!  When I was first introduced to the character, I knew that he would be my favorite.  He was so mysterious but yet at the same time he is a great addition to the story.  I love stories that has a main character that you just do not know about.  A main character really grows with the story.  I think that what turns a good story into a great story.  

Emerson thinks that she is seeing things that aren't there.  Deep down she thinks she is kind of going crazy.  But she is not.  So they bring in Michael and he is going to try and help her.  But is she really there to help him....

I loved this book.   It was a truly great story!  It kept me on my toes and it is a great page turner.  I can not wait to start the next book, which I got from Netgalley!!! (Thank you!)  So look back in the coming days for that review!!!



My Rating: 


I am giving this book 4 out 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment