Monday, May 21, 2012

Review: Reunited



Reunited
By: Hilary Weisman Graham
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Pages: 336
Release Date: June 12, 2012
Source: ARC received from publisher 



Goodreads Synopsis: 


1 Concert
2000 Miles
3 Ex-Best Friends

Alice, Summer, and Tiernan are ex-best friends.

Back in middle school, the three girls were inseparable. They were also the number one fans of the rock band Level3.

But when the band broke up, so did their friendship. Summer ran with the popular crowd, Tiernan was a rebellious wild-child, and Alice spent high school with her nose buried in books.

Now, just as the girls are about to graduate, Level3 announces a one-time-only reunion show.

Even though the concert’s 2000 miles away, Alice buys three tickets on impulse. And as it turns out, Summer and Tiernan have their own reasons for wanting to get out of town. Good thing Alice’s graduation gift (a pea-green 1976 VW camper van known as the Pea Pod) is just the vehicle to get them there.

But on the long drive cross-country, the girls hit more than a few bumps in the road. Will their friendship get an encore or is the show really over? 



My Thoughts:



When I first heard about this book, I wanted to read it right here right now!  I seriously could not wait.  I mean come on,  a book about 3 ex-best friends that decide to go on a road trip to see their favorite childhood band.  This is golden!  And it really was.  This book was one of the best books that I have read in a while.  You really feel for the characters and what they are going through.  

You first meet Alice.  Alice is the good girl, the nerd, every parents dream!  And she wants to go on a road trip with her very best friend before they go off to college.  But he friend is on her way to China for the summer.  So when she finds out that Level3 is coming back for one night only, SHE HAS TO GO!  But who to go with?  How about her 2 ex-best friends that she has not talked to since freshman year of high school.  This is a disaster waiting to happen.  After days on the road and things going wrong left and right, their tickets get stolen! Now what???? How will they get to the concert?  Will they still talk to each other after this road trip? 

This book was better then I thought it was going to be.  I am a sucker for books about music.  If the book has music in it, I have to read it no matter what.  I love them!  I think they are some of the best books ever.  And this book is right there with all the other great music books.  If you want to read a book that keeps you on your toes and keeps you going and wanting more, then this book is for you! I am so happy that I was able to read this great story!


My Rating:


I am giving this book 5 out 5 stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment