Monday, November 7, 2011

Shade

Shade (Shade, #1)

Shade
By: Jeri Smith-Ready
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Pages: 309
Source: Borrowed from Library



Goodreads Synopsis:




Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.

Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.

Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.

Well, sort of.

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.

It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.

As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift.  



My Thoughts:



What if there was a world that you could keep in touch with your loved ones after they have passed???  I actually really don't know how I feel about it.  I mean if it was my family and their death was tragic, I don't think that I would want to keep in touch with them.  I would just really want to move on.  Well in this book Aura doesn't have that option.  She can see and talk to the dead that walk among the Earth.  And now she is communicating with her dead boyfriend.  But should she wait and stay together with her ghost of a boyfriend, or should she go for the very much alive and drop dead gorgeous Zachary????  


I am not going to lie.  This book, at first, was very hard to get through.  I think that I was waiting for it to be very romantic between Zachary and Aura.  And when it really didn't I was kind of disappointed.  When Zachary finally tells Aura how he feels, is when I actually really started loving the book.  

The book was a really good book.  I am hoping that Shift is going to be a lot better.  If you can get past the fact that the book is about a girl that has a boyfriend that dies and she stays with him then this book is for you.  But I am so glad that I read this book.  It opened me to a new world, a world of Zachary and how hot Scottish boys are!! :)  When I was told about Zachary I didn't know what to expect.  I was told that you are going to crush over Zachary and you are going to crush hard.  Boy did I crush hard.  I kind of love Zachary. He is awesome.  And I am now TEAM ZACHARY!!!  I am so glad that I decided to read this book for him. 


Oh and that there is a book that character loves Notre Dame Football just as much as I do!!!!  GO IRISH!!!



My Rating:


I am giving this book a 4 out 5 stars.  I think  that every girl out there should meet Zachary.  :) Please go and read this book.





1 comment:

  1. Great review! I've been meaning to check this one out for a while, but now I think I have to give it a read. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete