Monday, November 28, 2011

love & leftovers

Love and Leftovers

love & leftovers
By: Sarah Tregay
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Release Date: December 27, 2011 
Pages: 451
Source: Given for review



Goodreads Synopsis:


When her parents split, Marcie is dragged from Idaho to a family summerhouse in New Hampshire. She leaves behind her friends, a group of freaks and geeks called the Leftovers, including her emo-rocker boyfriend, and her father.

By the time Labor Day rolls around, Marcie suspects this "vacation" has become permanent.  She starts at a new school, where a cute boy brings her breakfast and a new romance heats up.  But understanding love especially when you've watched your parents'  affections end, is elusive.  What does it fell like, really?  Can you even know it until you've lost it? -Goodreads-


My Thoughts:




At first I didn't know how I would feel about reading a whole book in verses.  I wasn't sure if I would like it or if it was going to be hard to read.   Well, I loved it.  I love everything about the writing.  It was defiantly something that I had never read before and I am glad that I did.

The book is about a teenage girl who, every summer, travels to New Hampshire with her mom for vacation. But this time is different.  Because this time the vacation becomes a little more permanent.  She leaves her life behind, which includes her best friend, her other friends, and her awesome boyfriend.  But what is going to happen when she starts school in New Hampshire and the most popular boy in school starts to pay attention to her.  She doesn't want to hurt her boyfriend, but at the same time she is very lonely and all she wants is attention.

This book was something else.  I could not put it down.  It was defiantly a page turner.  You really felt for Marcie and everything that she is going through. You really want everything to work in her life.  But in the book when she was doing something wrong, all I could think about "WHAT!!! Don't do that to him!!!"  The book truly kept you right where you needed to be for the whole thing.  I surely hope that you take the time and read this amazing book!



My Rating:




 I am giving this book 4 out 5 stars.  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment