Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wither


Wither
By: Lauren Destefano
Publisher:  Simon and Schuster
Pages: 358
Source: I bought the book for review.

Goodreads Synopsis:

What if you knew exactly when you would die?
Thanks to modern science, every human being has become a ticking genetic time bomb — males only live to age twenty-five, and females only live to age twenty. In this bleak landscape, young girls are kidnapped and forced into polygamous marriages to keep the population from dying out.
When sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery is taken by the Gatherers to become a bride, she enters a world of wealth and privilege. Despite her husband Linden's genuine love for her, and a tenuous trust among her sister wives, Rhine has one purpose: to escape — to find her twin brother and go home.
But Rhine has more to contend with than losing her freedom. Linden's eccentric father is bent on finding an antidote to the genetic virus that is getting closer to taking his son, even if it means collecting corpses in order to test his experiments. With the help of Gabriel, a servant Rhine is growing dangerously attracted to, Rhine attempts to break free, in the limited time she has left.

My Thoughts:

I bought this book because I really loved the cover....Now I know you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover but, have you seen the cover????? It is Beautiful!!!! Before I bought the book I had only read one review about it.  So going into it I knew what the book was about.  I was madly in love with the whole story.    

You meet Rhine.  She lives in a world that is dying.  She is trying to make her life count and live life to the fullest.  She is sent to live in a mansion to be wed to a man along with 2 other girls.  She calls them sister wives.  They encounter a long battle of terror, heartbreak, love, and fun.  I love Rhine.  She is everything that a women in this time needs to be.  Did i mention that she is 16???!!!!  I mean a 16 year old girl is sent to make a guy happy along with 2 other girls...I couldn't do it...

This book was such an easy read.  I loved every minute of it.  I couldn't put it down! If you haven't read this book you need to...you are missing out!

My Rating: 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.  Lauren Destefano did  a great job!  I can not wait to read the second book and see what is going to happen with Rhine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment