Sunday, July 10, 2011

In My Mailbox (6)

Hello Followers!!! Guess what!!!! I AM ON VACATION!!!! lol So the plan is to read, read, read, and buy more books....along with with going out of town with my husband!!! I am going to be a busy buddy this week but I am happy for that!!!

Any who....

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by the awesome Kristi at The Story Siren!
It showcases the books that you received this last week!

I have a really short In My Mailbox this week, but stay tuned next week because I am bound to have a HUGE stack for next week...:)

IMG133.jpg

I won Thirteen Reasons Why By: Jay Asher  from a giveaway from another Blogger.

Clay Jenkins returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, —his classmate and crush— who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'’ll find out how he made the list.
Through Hannah and Clay’'s dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.  -GoodReads-

I am so excited to start this book! I have heard wonderful things about it!


My Husband(He is Awesome) bought me Blood Red Road By: Moira Young for my birthday last week!  

Saba has spent her whole life in Silverlake, a dried-up wasteland ravaged by constant sandstorms. The Wrecker civilization has long been destroyed, leaving only landfills for Saba and her family to scavenge from. That's fine by her, as long as her beloved twin brother Lugh is around. But when a monster sandstorm arrives, along with four cloaked horsemen, Saba's world is shattered. Lugh is captured, and Saba embarks on an epic quest to get him back.
Suddenly thrown into the lawless, ugly reality of the world outside of desolate Silverlake, Saba is lost without Lugh to guide her. So perhaps the most surprising thing of all is what Saba learns about herself: she's a fierce fighter, an unbeatable survivor, and a cunning opponent. And she has the power to take down a corrupt society from the inside. Teamed up with a handsome daredevil named Jack and a gang of girl revolutionaries called the Free Hawks, Saba stages a showdown that will change the course of her own civilization.
Blood Red Road has a searing pace, a poetically minimal writing style, violent action, and an epic love story. Moira Young is one of the most promising and startling new voices in teen fiction. -GoodReads-

I have read many reviews about this book and it seems pretty amazing!  I was so excited when my Hubby came home with it!  I had been looking at this book for weeks.  He does pay attention!!! lol

Well that is it....I told you it was short...lol

What is in your mailbox?????

4 comments:

  1. Hey dude, thanks for following/bookmarking my site. I don't know about Blood Red Road but I can personally guarantee that Thirteen Reasons Why is awesome. At least in that bittersweet, poignant way that works without sinking into pathos. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13 Reasons why was quite good, and Blood Red Road looks brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read either of those yet, but I definitely want to. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the win. I have heard nothing but great things about that book.
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete