Wednesday, July 6, 2011

if i stay


if i stay
By: Gayle Forman
Publisher: Speak
Pages: 234
Source: bought this book for review

Goodreads synopsis:

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeenyear- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she fi nds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make - and the ultimate choice Mia commands.

My Thoughts:

When I first saw this book I had heard many good things about it.  But I never imagined that it would that good.  From the first page to the last you really do not know what to expect but all you can think is "Oh My God, I hope she pulls through."  

You meet Mia and her family in the first couple pages and you really are in love with the family.  The tragedy strikes and the story is about her journey trying to deal with the situation that she is given. You meet some more family and mostly friends.  Their words and wisdom help Mia make really tough decisions that a normal 17 year old should not be making. I have never cried so much over one book in my life.  I am so glad that I listened to all the people that told me to read this book.   

I really can't wait to pick up the second book to find out what happens to Mia during this time in her life.

My Rating: 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars!  This book was amazing.  If you haven't read this book, stop what you are doing get in your car drive to the nearest store and pick it up! Every person in this world should know Mia's story.

:)

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you liked it! I cried while reading it. :-) If you want to hear my song I wrote for it, you can do so here: djwrites.com

    ReplyDelete