Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tune in Tuesday (3)


Tune in Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted Ginger at GReads!  It is a weekly meme that triggers just around music.  And if you know me....I love music just as much as I love books!

This week has been jammed pack so far and it is just going to get worse.  :)  So I decided that should just take a deep breathe, put my music on shuffle, and talk about the first song that comes up!

So Ladies and Gents! I give you....

Rascal Flatts!

Now I grew up on country music so I will always have a special place in my heart for all country music!  But when this song came on I cried for about 5 minutes because this was my Hubby and I's first dance song because it was basically that story of our life.


I set out on a narrow way, many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Yes He did

I think about the years I spent, just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost, and give it back to you
[From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/r/rascal-flatts-lyrics/bless-the-broken-road-lyrics.html ]
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there, you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

But now I'm just rolling home into my lover's arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you


1 comment:

  1. I have never been a country music fan..but I have always had a strong appreciation for Rascal Flats..their songs just get me!

    ReplyDelete