Monday, March 12, 2012

Review: Embrace



Embrace
By: Jessica Shirvington
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pages: 367
Release Date: March 6, 2012
Source: ARC given for review



Goodreads Synopsis: 




It starts with a whisper: “It’s time for you to know who you are…” 

Violet Eden dreads her seventeenth birthday. After all, it’s hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother’s death. As if that wasn’t enough, disturbing dreams haunt her sleep and leave her with very real injuries. There’s a dark tattoo weaving its way up her arms that wasn’t there before. 

Violet is determined to get some answers, but nothing could have prepared her for the truth. The guy she thought she could fall in love with has been keeping his identity a secret: he’s only half-human—oh, and same goes for her. 

A centuries-old battle between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity has chosen its new warrior. It’s a fight Violet doesn’t want, but she lives her life by two rules: don’t run and don’t quit. When angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden… -Goodreads-



My Thoughts:



I first have to tell you that my cover of this book is different then the final cover.  And I really wish they would have kept that cover!  It is beautiful.  I love it so much more then the final cover!  But I don't get to choose that detail.  :(  LOL 

Well right now there are a lot of angel books that are coming out, and some are not as good as others....not this one!  I loved this book.  I loved everything about it.  I loved all the characters and their personalities.  I feel when it is a great book the characters really grow with the story.  This is exactly what happened with this story.  I think when this happens, some of the greatest stories happen.  

You meet Violet.  Violet is learning a lot about her life and fast.  Her father is never around, her mother died when she was born, she has the greatest friend in the world, and the guy of her dreams.  But something is about to happen that she never thought would happen.  She is half human, half angel.  She has a lot that is about to happen and what is she going to do....push the guy who she thought she was in love with away to get closer to Phoenix, a strong handsome man for the bar.  

But that is not all that is going to happen.  This book is action packed from cover to cover.  It has fight scenes, love scenes, and everything in between.  I loved everything about this book and more.  I am going to recommend this book to everyone that I know!  You have to read Embrace!



My Rating:


I am giving this book 5 out of 5 stars!  Yes, to me it is that good!


:)



1 comment:

  1. Great review! If I hadn't already read and loved this one so much, I would definitely have to read it now based on your review. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete