Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Review: Dead to you

Dead to You

Dead to you
By: Lisa McMann
Publisher:  Simon Pulse
Pages: 256
Release Date: February 7, 2012
Source: ARC given for review



Goodreads Synopsis: 



Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family. It's a miracle... at first. Then the tensions start to build. His reintroduction to his old life isn't going smoothly, and his family is tearing apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together. But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked. Something unspeakable... -Goodreads-



My Thoughts:



Where do I even begin to tell you how much I love Lisa McMann! I first fell in love with her writing when I read WakeFade, and Gone earlier this year.  They were some of the best books that I read last year.  I loved the writing style, characters, and everything about he stories.  It really sucks you in.  Then she did it again....she wrote Cryer's Cross!  I couldn't believe it.  She sucked me in again with a whole different story! WOW Lisa McMann, boy did you do it again with Dead to you!


You meet Ethan.  Ethan was abducted from the front of his house when he was seven.  He got into the back seat of a stranger's car while him and his four year old brother watched.  I could not imagine how that must have felt to see that at such a young age and not be able to do anything about it.  Well it is now nine years later and Ethan is back home with his family.  He found them....online.  He goes back and tries to pick up where they left off nine years prior.  There he finds out a lot about his family that he now had that he did not know exists.  Like he now has a six year old sister and at first doesn't like him but now loves him to death.  And how there is a girl who was his best friend is still waiting for him.  But there is one thing that he just can't understand....why he can't remember his life before the abduction.  


Some children that are abducted go through a series of traumatizing events that they block certain things out. This is one of these times.  Ethan just can't understand why he can't remember.  But he is not the only one.  Everyone else wants to know why doesn't remember too, mainly his brother Blake.  


I LOVED THIS BOOK!  I think this is one of my favorite books from Lisa McMann.  She writes some of the best books ever!  If someone is looking for a great book that is also a easy read, I would totally recommend this book to them.....I have. :)  All of her books are amazing!  They have action, suspense, twist and turns, and love.  It is truly everything that you need in a book!  


Thank you Lisa McMann, you have done it again!  You are an amazing author.  You have a true talent and I can't wait to see what you come up with next!



My Rating:


I am giving this book 5 out 5 stars!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I cant wait. We have picked this to be our read along for February over at another Blog I write on and I hadnt heard from anyone that has read it. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete