Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wake


Wake
By: Lisa McMann
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 210
Source: Bought the book for review


Goodreads Synopsis:



For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can't tell anybody about what she does they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can’t control.
Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant.







My Thoughts:

So I actually bought this book because I really liked the cover...I had never heard anything about the book are the other books in the trilogy.  I bought Fade and Gone the clearance rack one time and just recently bought wake for like $3.   I am so happy that I picked it up.  

The book is written in a different style then I am used to reading.  But I really liked it.  Instead of chapters it is written in segments throughout the day.  I think that really helps the book.  But what really helps the book is the fact that is about a girl that gets forced into other people's dreams.  To me it is kind of amazing!  I flew through the book!  I could not put it down.  You are so involved in the story that you just want everything to work out for Janie. Janie is a goody good.  She is working and going to school so that she can go to a different college other than the local community college. She meets this guy named Cabel who is very mysterious and is kind of a rebel.  She finds out some secrets about Cabel that brings them very close.  I really want Cabel and Janie to work out!  They are such a cute couple!  

This book was such an easy read, and an all around good read.


My Rating: 


I gave this book 4 out 5 stars.  It was such a page turner.  You just had to stay in the book to know what was going on. If you haven't read Wake you need to get off your butt and go to the store/library/friends house and get it!!!!

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment