Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Review: Everneath

Everneath (Everneath, #1)

Everneath
By: Brodi Ashton
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Pages: 384
Release Date: January 24, 2012
Source: ARC given for review



Goodreads Synopsis:


Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever. 

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists. 

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen. 

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's... -Goodreads-



My Thoughts:


I received this book from the publisher at NCTE.  I actually was really happy when they gave me this book because I heard some really great things about the book at the time.   I could not wait until I was able to sit and enjoy this book.


You meet Nikki Beckett.  She is a high school girl who vanishes from her family.  But it is not like a kidnapping or a run away.  She is taken to the underworld.  She is sent there for 100 years but them brought back to Earth for 6 months to say goodbye to her family and friends forever.  During this time, she falls back in love with her former boyfriend.  This is something that she did not want to happen, because she did not want to hurt him any more then she already has.  But some of the things that is happening, shows her that she wants to be with him.  But the ruler of the underworld, Cole, wants Nikki to rule beside him.  And he will do anything in his power to make this happen.


I really enjoyed this book.  I love Greek mythology. I love the love, action, and heart felt stories that go along with it.  And this book had just that.  I loved that you didn't need to know the Greek Mythology story to understand what was happening, the taught you the story along the way. Sometimes you need that.  Sometimes it helps the story out.  

I am going to tell everyone about this book.  I think that everyone should read this book.  It has everything that this type of book needs!  On the back of the book it says that it is "A captivating story of love, loss, and immortality."  I think that this is the best way to describe this book.  



My Rating:


I am giving this book 5 out 5 stars.  It is defiantly in the running for book of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment