Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review: The Dirt

the dirt

 

 

The Dirt

By: Lori Culwell

Publisher: Booktrope Editions

Pages: 205

Release Date: November 22, 2011

Source: Book given by Publisher! (Thank you)

 

 

Goodreads Synopsis:

 

Lucy Whitley cannot wait to get out of Palm Desert. It’s not a place for a frizzy-haired science nerd, particularly when her fashion-obsessed older sister Sloane is the head of a clique of pretty girls who rule the school—and practically the whole town.Fortunately, life is about to change forever. Lucy’s dad is getting re-married, and then she can transfer to a boarding school in Connecticut, escaping all the mean girls and the endless whispers about the Whitley family scandal. Everything is going to be perfect—as long as the wedding goes smoothly. –Goodreads-

 

My Thoughts:

 

When I think of snobby rich kids, I think of this family.  You have one that has it all, you have one that is just there, and you have one that is funny.  This is usually how it goes.  And I am really glad that this book stayed with the normal take on a rich family.  It kept the book interesting. 

You meet Lucy.  Lucy is about to have it all! The mom that she never had, the school that she always wanted, and the vacation of a life time!!!  But that is all about to be ruined because her long lost sister just walked in the door at her father’s second wedding claiming that his wife is still alive.  I don’t know how I would feel about this.  I mean if the love of my life ran away and never came back and then sent my long lost daughter walks in the door, I think I might be a little more then upset…. is he…. NO!!  He wants to pick up where they left off.  He makes the family go on vacation hiking instead of a family vacation in Paris! And that is where it really starts to go down hill.

I think Lori did such a great job telling a story that kept me wanting more.  I loved every minute of this story.  I felt like the characters grew along with the story.  When that happens, it really makes a story great! It was everything I expected and more!!!

 

My Rating:

 

I am giving this book a 4 out 5 stars!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment