Sunday, June 12, 2011

Wings By: Aprilynne Pike


Wings 
By: 
Aprilynne Pike

  First I am going to tell you how sorry I am that I did not do a post all week!  I have been extremely busy with work and I just got caught up....it wont happen again....

  I'm not going to lie.  I bought this book because I went to a book signing that was AMAZING!!!! I had the best time ever.  I went into it not knowing what to expect.  I was so nervous for like a week before but once I got there everything was fine.  :)

  So this book is about a girl named Laurel who has been home schooled all her life and her family moves her to a new town and they decide that it is time for her to go to school.  She starts her freshman year at the local high school.  There she meets a boy named David.  They become really close friends and later a love interest. One day Laurel wakes up with this whole bump on her back and she doesn't know what is or what it will become.  She is afraid to ask her mother because they don't believe in doctors.  So she just keeps it to herself, hoping that it will just go away.  Well it doesn't.  It just keeps growing and growing until it become a flower.  Now she starts to freak out a little.  She decides to tell her friend David who seems to be very understanding and is wanting to help her.

  She the meets another man named Tamani who tells her that she is a born faerie and she was sent to live with humans so that the faeries can stay on their land.  He also tells her that her flower will go away soon and that there are reasons that she was sent to live the life she is living. 


  This books has it all.  A love interest, a Battle scene, a secret, and history of the faerie world.  I personally loved the story about the different season faeries and how they all play a role in the faerie world.  I can't not wait to finish this series! 


Oh yeah and when I went to the book signing....Aprilynn Pike was there! And she signed my copies of Wings and Spells!!! eeks!!! 


Any who again sorry about the really late post.  


:)    

No comments:

Post a Comment