Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA!! Day 1: Interview



Happy Monday!!!  Well I have my jealous pants on because everyone is at BEA and I am here working....ugh.  Well next year it is on!!!  :)  But because I am not going I decided to participate Armchair BEA!  So bare with me while I figure out this whole thing!!! :)




Day 1: INTERVIEW YOURSELF!










Well this should be fun!  I really do like to talk about myself and my blog!!! :) It's my baby....like my real baby Serenity!  Serenity came into my Husband and I's life in April and we love her more and more everyday!  She is definitely part of the family and is home to stay!









Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?






My name is Laci and I am the creator and reviewer for BLOG-O-RAMA!!  I currently live in Northwestern Indiana.  I am originally from South Bend Indiana (GO IRISH)!  My husband and I just recently moved to this area! I am a preschool teacher by day and a book blogger by night!  I surround my life with books and I love it!  



I usually only blog about Young Adult books.  I read and review this type of books because these book take me back to a time when everything seemed so calm.  You didn't have to worry about bills or groceries or a budget.  The biggest worry you have when you are in high school is if you were going on a date this weekend or what color prom dress you are going to wear.  

I have been blogging for about a year and a half now. I love every minute of it!  I usually have one post a day but this week multiple posts are going to go up!  :)  I am going to be a great blogger this week!!!  





I have meant some of really great people while blogging!  I really do not know where my life would be if I hadn't started blogging.  You are really part of a family.  A family of people that understand your craziness over one character, or your craziness over a book coming out.  I don't know who I would be if I wouldn't have met these people! :)



Why did I get into blogging....Well I actually always had the blog because I had this great idea of starting a book club.  I love the idea  of sitting with friends and talking about a book.  Books are some of the best things to talk about!  But I know how some peoples lives are, they can be really crazy.  So I started a book club where we met on a forum and we talked about the book on our own time during that month.  Well to make a long story short, it feel through... LOL!  And I kind of let the blog go for awhile. 

Then a friend approached me about starting a blog to review books.  I thought about and I was like, well I already have a blog why not.... And the rest is history. :)  



What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?



I am currently reading:


Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone

It is a great book so far.  I will probably have the review up this week!  :)



Some of the best books I have read this year....wow where do I begin??


Pretty AmyStarters (Starters, #1)The Selection Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

    Unbreak My HeartPandemonium (Delirium, #2)Embrace (Embrace, #1)Legend (Legend, #1)

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Everneath (Everneath, #1)Dead to You


Just to name a few...;)



Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.


One thing that people might know about me that is non-book related....


I AM A DIE HEART NOTRE DAME FAN!!!!





I went there for school and I loved every minute of it!  I had season tickets for football and it is definitely an experience that I will never forget!





Where do you see your blog in five years?


Hopefully my blog will be bigger in 5 years!  I don't see me stop blogging anytime soon.  I love every minute of it.  Some people come home have a glass of wine to calm down after a long day.  I come home and get a glass of wine and blog....lol! 

Hopefully I will have more followers and more traffic.  I know that that should not be the reason to blog. But the way that I look at it is that if that happens, that means people are reading what I am writing about these books that I love.  And that makes me happy! :)



What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?


My favorite thing about the book blogging community is that it is a community.  There are some people that will be there for you for everything!  If you have a question that answer it no questions asked.  And I think that is why I love it so much!  I feel like these people do not judge you.  They are there for the books and only the books.  





But there are some things that I would like to change about the community.  I would like people to just chill out.  Sometimes people think of this as life or death and guess what...its not.   Take this as an experience that you will never forget!  





Just recently a bad thing happened in the blogging world between two different blogs and I think it was ridiculous.  Some people just want their 15 minutes of fame.  And I honestly believe that is what happened here.  Some people just need to grow up....



Well that is day one!!!!  That was really fun!  I really can't wait for day 2! Perpare yourself for epic giveaways!!!! :)









 




10 comments:

  1. Yay for meeting bloggers! RT was fun, wasn't it? ;o)

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    PS - Come check out my introduction? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meeting other bloggers! It truly is the best part of the whole community thing. I have lots of family up in Indiana and love that y'all love football as much as us! :) :)

    Oh your puppy is soooo cute! They are kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish as well that we could be more accepting and forgiving in our book community. I like your line up of great reads. There are seven on your list I have on my TBR pile.

    So glad to meet you! Hope to see your around a bit more at Armchair BEA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually used to live in Indiana up until last year when I moved to Texas! I seriously love Indiana, and am actually going back home to visit there in less than a week!! Anyways, lots of your favorite books are favorites of mine too! I seriously loved Insurgent. It was SO good! I'm glad that you ended up loving it as well. =)

    It was great getting to know you! Have fun during Armchair BEA!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your post, loved it, and now I'm participating in Armchair BEA as well! Way to go haha I agree that it's always a blast meeting other bloggers (we always have fun at Andersons), I only wish that it could happen IRL more often!

    -Monica
    P.S. Check out my introduction post! http://fumafiles.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-day-1-interview-yourself.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have your jealous pants on...crack me up! I think I own a pair myself. The Notre Dame photo reminds me of how my friends call the mosiac "Touchdown Jesus". They don't mean it disrespectfully, we're all Christian. It just look a bit like He's making the touchdown sign the refs do. Happy BEA Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! I have many pictures with Touchdown Jesus!!!! :)

      Delete
  7. Hi there,

    Nice to meet you. Yes I kinda steer clear of any fuss in blogging world. It's not life or death. I don't like bagging of authors either. I do cringe when I see that happening. But on a positive note, it is a heck of a lot of fun and hard work:D:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love meeting other bloggers too, especially at events or to just chat books. :) Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete