Monday, August 22, 2011

It's not summer without you



It's not summer without you
By: Jenny Han
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Pages: 304
Source: Borrowed a book from a friend


Goodreads Synopsis:


Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?

It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.

But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach. -Goodreads-


My Thoughts: 

When I first read The summer I turned pretty I thought it was a pretty decent book.  It would be a series I wanted to finish, but I did not have to go and buy them right here right now.  But now I have read the second book.  And oh my lord was it amazing!  I have had a really busy week at work and I just had no time to read until now.  I started the book last night and I just could not put it down.  I went to bed with like 100 pages to go and I regretted it 100%. 

In the last book you meet Belly and Conrad.  Belly wants Conrad....bad.  But it seems like he wants nothing to do with her.  Well in this book, he wants something to do with her.  You really feel for the characters in their time of need.  They need to be with each other.  They need each other to cope. 

Belly is still her normal bratty self but you really love her as a character.  You want things to work out between her and Conrad....but someone else is now in the picture....Jeremiah...what to do what to do...

I can not wait to start book 3.  It was such a great book.  It was well written and just a very great read.  I really don't know what to expect with the next book.  It could go a hundred million directions.  I'm really hoping that Jenny Han ends the book like I want it to end...lol


My Rating:

I am giving this book 5 out of 5 stars.  Everyone should really go and read these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment